MIAMI, FL, United States, via ETELIGIS INC., 08/04/2015 – – Amazonas Florestal, Ltd. ("Amazonas" or "Company") (www.amazonasf.com) (OTC Pink: AZFL) (PINKSHEETS: AZFL), a natural resources company dedicated to innovative, sustainable forest management, and the establishment of a stateside revenue stream from the planting, harvesting and researching of Industrial Hemp and related products, today provided an update on its business initiatives over the past six months and plan for moving forward to increase revenue and build shareholder value.
– Engaged a PSAOB auditor and in the process of auditing its books. The audit is expected to be completed no later than August 31st, 2015.
– Extended a Letter of Intent to purchase K.R. Producao Florestal Ltd, as a fully licensed subsidiary in Manaus, Brazil. The Brazilian entity comes with more than 67,000 acres of rural land suitable for forest management and preservation projects such as REDD +. Currently in the final stages of the acquisition, the Company expects to complete the acquisition by September 15, 2015.
– Retained legal counsel to draft an S1 Registration Statement. The present target date for completion and filing is no later than October 1, 2015.
– Signed a MOU to enter into a strategic alliance that will develop its Industrial Hemp Business beginning with a plantation and lab to be installed in Kentucky.
– The Company has executed a Term Sheet covering a potential $15 Million Equity Line from a reputable lender. The Company is line to complete agreements this week making it eligible to activate this line by October 31st, 2015, once the S1 Registration Statement is filed.
– The Company has renegotiated its Purchase Order Agreement with Trackwork Ltd, of Doncaster, UK, and expects to obtain a new order this year for Hardwood Sleepers that are Certified by the Forestry Stewardship Council for delivery as a certified product abiding by new European Trade Union requirements for tropical wood imports into Europe and the UK.
Ricardo Cortez, Chairman of the Board of Amazonas Florestal, commented, “The Company is in the process of being reorganized and recapitalized, and remains on course to complete audits and be fully reporting by no later than October 15, 2015. We are pleased to be taking the above mentioned steps in our business to foster revenue growth and increase shareholder value moving ahead. The Company will be providing a series of updates and announcements as progress is made during the coming weeks and months.”
About Amazonas Florestal
Amazonas Florestal is a natural resources company dedicated to innovative, sustainable management of its large tracts of land in the rainforests of Amazonas, Brazil and to the growth, harvesting, research and development of Industrial Hemp and related products in the USA.
Headquartered in Miami, FL, Amazonas’ goal is to become a leader in sustainable forest management, creating revenue while protecting the biodiversity of the rainforest ecosystem and enhancing the lives of the people who live in it. Through a strategy of selective harvesting, biomass production, and conservation incentives, Amazonas Florestal intends to protect one of the world’s greatest natural resources and show how its preservation can be made a profitable activity.
Disclaimer: Forward Looking Statements
Forward-looking statements in this release regarding Amazonas Florestal are made pursuant to the "safe harbor" provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Investors are cautioned that such forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties, including, without limitation, continued acceptance of the company’s products, increased levels of competition, new products and technological changes, the company’s dependence upon third-party suppliers, intellectual property rights, and other risks detailed from time to time in the company’s periodic reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Amazonas Florestal Ltd.
Chairman of the Board
1110 Brickell Ave, Ste. 430
Miami, FL 33131
Phone: (855) 285-2227
SOURCE: Amazonas Florestal Ltd.